Salmon is above all an anadromous fish, meaning that it spends most of its life out at sea but swims back up the rivers and streams to breed when the spawning season arrives. We partner with a sustainable farm in Denmark which is ASC certified.
Characteristics of our Salmon :
- Weight per pack: 230g, skin-on, may contain bones
- Storage: Keep frozen at -18°C for long term storage (until expiry date mentioned on the pack) or store in your fridge (in the original packaging) for a consumption within 2-3 days.
Defrosting instructions: Remove the vacuum sealed pack from the carton and place it into a bowl of cold water. Soak for 10-15 minus or until completely thawed.
Cooking tips :
- Pan-fried: Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan and place the pavé on the skin side. Sear the fish for 3 minutes on high heat, cover and lower the heat to cook for further 6 minutes. Flip the flesh side and brown for 30 seconds. Discover the recipe.
- Steamed (steamer basket in a rice cooker or steamer insert): Place the salmon steak skin-on in the rice cooker or pot and steam for 5-6 minutes -until the fish flakes easily with a fork). You can remove skin before serving.
- Baked: Cook about 20 minutes at 180°C-200°C. Discover the recipe.
- Salmon Sashimi: Remove the skin and chop the portion in half. Then cut into little slices of around 1cm thickness. How to cut Sashimi?
- Salmon Tartare: Remove the skin and chop the portion into small dices. Season to taste, Discover the recipe.